College for Working Adults
We meet you where you are with your educational goals.
Designed for post-traditional students who move between part and full-time enrollment, the College for Working Adults is a program offering multiple degree programs and support services to students on a flexible schedule. College for Working Adults offers evening, hybrid, and fully online courses to help post-traditional students earn their degree and transfer. Our students are connected to dedicated advisors, tutors, and faculty who understand the needs and challenges of first generation, post-traditional, and working adult students.
College for Working Adults students are:
- Students who move between part-time (less than 12 units) and full-time (more than 12 units) enrollment status.
- Post-traditional students: Older adults, parenting, returning to college after some time away, and/or are full-time working adults attending college part-time.
- Enrolled, or plan to enroll, in credit courses leading up to an Associate's Degree and/or transfer to a four-year university.
Program Benefits and Support:
- FREE textbooks via a lending library*
- FREE school supplies
- Access to advising and support services evenings and weekends (by appointment)
- Resources and opportunities developed specifically for post-traditional students
- Academic and social support from our PEGS tutors
- Work and take classes at a pace, and time, that meets your schedule
- Schedule flexibility: we do not require full-time enrollment to access our services and resources
*Fully online distance students: If you live outside of Santa Barbara or Ventura County, we are providing access to e-textbooks when available.
Our Degree Programs:
You can earn dual Associates Degrees and complete transfer requirements, concurrently, on a part-time schedule in the following majors**:
- Associate in Arts Degree (AA): Chicana/o Studies
- Associate in Arts Degree (AA): Psychology
- Dual Associate in Arts Degrees (AAs): Chicana/o Studies and Psychology (Spanish optional)
- Dual Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) Degrees: Communication and Psychology
- Dual Associate in Arts Degrees (AAs): Global Leadership and Ethnic Studies
Fully Online Distance Education Programs, Degrees, and Certificates:
Associate in Science Degree (AS): Computer Information Systems (CIS)
Associates in Science Degree (AS): Health Information Technology (HIT) and Cancer Information Management
To explore all SBCC fully online degree and certificate programs, click here.
**Students are not required to be in these majors to participate in the program. We are open to all majors, most of the courses in our degree programs satisfy general education and/or transfer requirements.
Click below to see our full Fact Sheet:
Contact Dr. Joshua Ramirez, Project Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.