SBCC Student

Steps to Apply

Application Video

Click Here to Apply

Required Application Documents

Upload copies of the required documents listed below to your online application. Students who will be under the age of 18 by the semester start date must upload the "Minor forms" listed below with their passport to their application.

    • Click on Apply Now to create an account and fill out the online application. Remember your password! You cannot reset it!
    • Use a valid email address. Student email address only. Agent email addresses will not be accepted.
    • We recommend you refer to our Application Tips when you fill out your application. 

    NOTE: If you are currently studying at another institution and want to study at SBCC at the same time, do not fill out the online application. Follow these instructions to apply for concurrent enrollment. 

  • Upload the $75 application fee receipt for the term you are applying for.

    • You (and your sponsor if you have one) will need to fill out the financial statement form.
    • Refer to Cost of Studies for outline of fees. 
    •  Sponsor name signature must match the name on the account statement
  • Requirements:

    • meet minimum amount required: Cost of Studies
    • must be written in or translated into English
    • issued within the past 6 months or less of your desired program start date
    • include the name of the account holder and account balance
    • liquid funds (savings and/or checking account and/or certificates of deposit); investment funds and employment pay stubs are not accepted
    • have an official bank signature or stamp on financial institution letterhead
  • Provide a copy of your passport 

  •  Requirements:

    • Equivalent of a 2.00 US GPA.
    • Transcripts for all coursework completed in high school (secondary school), English language programs, and university or college. Transcripts should be translated into English by an official translator and/or translating agency. 
    • Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for admission purposes.
    • Official transcripts are required for athletic eligibility, and may be submitted at a later date. 
    • If you are under 18 years old during your first semester, a copy of your high school diploma is required at least one week before the semester starts.
  • If you are transferring to SBCC from another school in the U.S. complete the steps upload the documents listed below to your online application:
    • Copy of F-1 visa 
    • I-94 Arrival/Departure Form - At the link, click on "Get most recent I-94".
    • Copy of I-20
    • Verification of Status Form - Students must be "in status". The advisor at your current institution will need to verify and sign this form. Transfer students from U.S. language schools must have 80% attendance or higher at their language school.

Additional Notes

  • All applicants must be at least 17 years old by their first semester start date.  
  • English Proficiency Requirement for admission to the Academic Programs. There are several options for you to meet our requirement (i.e. coursework, language school, standardized tests, etc.). We do not require TOEFL/IELTS. English proficiency is not required for students applying to the English Training program.

Application Deadlines

Fall Semester

June 1 for new students 
June 15 for transfer/current F-1 students in the U.S.

Spring Semester

October 15 for new students 
November 1 for transfer / current F-1 students in the U.S. 

Summer Session*

April 1
*Students applying for summer session must attend at least one class in person and it must begin within 30 days of your arrival in the U.S. If you want to attend summer session online from your home country before starting in-person classes in the fall, please let us know before you submit an application.

After you apply

  • Accepted students will be sent an Offer of Admission, I-20, and Registration Instructions via email. 
  • The Form I-20 is a nonimmigrant document you will need to apply for an F-1 student visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country.

If you have admission questions or need a correction to your online application, send an email to: