The Santa Barbara community is a beautiful place to live.
Translation: Finding a place to live takes time, can be expensive and you need patience
in finding the right spot. Consider your options:
What type of housing is right for you?
- Looking for Dorm style living? (with a meal plan) Click HERE
- What to rent an apartment? Click HERE
- Looking to live with others? Click HERE for roommates situtations
What location is best for you?
- Walking and biking distance to campus
- Bus access to campus
- Quiet, family atmosphere
What is your budget?
- Housing in the Santa Barbara area is expensive.
- Use the SBCC Budget Worksheet to determine what you can afford.
- Don't forget about utilities, food and laundry expenses! For detailed information
about the cost of utilities such as Internet, use InMyArea to find and compare provider
plans and pricing so you can factor it into your budget. Internet providers in Santa
When to start looking?
- For Fall, start looking for housing around March and April.
- For Spring, start looking for housing around November and December.