Textbooks and Course Reserves
Interested in borrowing a textbook or seeing if the library has an online version of your textbook?
The library holds most of the required textbooks for SBCC classes, and you are welcome to come in and check out print textbooks for three hours at a time during our In-Person Hours.
You may also be able to read an online version of your textbook. We at the library are trying to make free, online access as easy as possible, and offer many ebook versions of required readings, or scanned online versions.
To search for, and read, online versions of your textbooks, follow the steps below:
- Go to our Textbook Collection in OneSearch
- Select your course subject
- Select your course number
- Find and click on your textbook
- If the library owns an ebook copy, you will see a link listed under "Online availability" - click the link to read the ebook
- If the library has made a scanned version available, you will see a "Digital Version" option listed under "Online availability" - you will need to sign in to OneSearch by selecting "Sign in" in the yellow bar. Sign in using "Students/staff" and entering your pipeline credentials. Once signed in, click "Digital Version" to read the textbook online.
About online textbooks (Accessing online copies and waitlists)
Scanned textbooks are offered through a Controlled Digital Lending process, for copyright purposes. This may mean that the library has only one or a few scanned copies available for students at a time. If all of the copies are currenlty being read by other students, you may not be able to access the textbook at that time. You will be asked to join a waitlist. If you choose to join the waitlist, you will receive an email when a copy is available for reading. Scanned online textbooks are available for 3 hours at a time. Your access to the textbook will end after 3 hours.
If you do not see an online version of your textbook, we may not have made a scan of your textbook available yet. To request a scanned copy be made available, please fill out the form below. (Please note, the library will not able to provide scanned e-versions of course materials if we are not able to acquire print copies)